Our priority issues are to:
- Secure world class REIT regimes in AsiaPac countries where they don’t exist.
- Improve REIT frameworks to a ‘state of the art’ quality in countries that already host securitisation platforms.
- Improve cross-boarder investment rules.
- Rationalise real estate taxation arrangements.
- Promote the rational adoption and adaptation of international capital markets and industry standards (where appropriate).
- Improve the ground rules for doing businesses.
- Support the digitisation of official real estate ownership frameworks to improve market efficiency.
APREA’s advocacy objectives are a more formalised AsiaPac marketplace that includes:
- Capital market depth.
- Greater investment choice, diversity and versatility.
- The ability to toggle between public and private markets.
- Easier cross-border investment.
- More market players.
- More certain rules and lower taxes.
The bottom line should be a larger and deeper real estate investment which should generate more investment opportunities.